Congratulations to Paul McGroarty – the lucky winner of our summer themed quiz. Paul has been a Glasgow Credit Union member for over 3 years and plans on using his £250 Barrhead Travel voucher to book a short getaway later in the year. Pictured above from left to right – Holly Rodgers (Barrhead Travel Affinity Manger), Paul McGroarty (winner), and Paul Rytel (Glasgow Credit Union Business Development Executive).
Thank you to everyone who entered the quiz! The correct answers are highlighted below:
1. Scotland’s highest ever temperature was recorded at Greycrook in the Scottish Borders when the mercury touched 32.9 °C (91.2 °F) on the 9th of August of which year?
1977 1985 1995 2003
2. In 2016, Glasgow International Airport celebrated its 50th anniversary. How many passengers travelled through their doors in 2016?
9.4 million 3.7 million 5.7 million 7.4 million
3. On which Hebridean island is the airport on a beach?
South Uist Barra North Uist Benbecula
4. Which Spanish costa is located north of Barcelona?
Costa Brava Costa Blanca Costa Dorada Costa Del Sol
5. Which group had a Top 10 hit with Summer Sunshine in 2004?
U2 The Corrs Steps Travis
6. On which date does the Summer Solstice occur?
26th March 26th July 31st May 21st June
7. The Summer Isles are an archipelago belonging to which country?
Canada Australia Scotland New Zealand
8. Which of the following awareness days/weeks does not take place in the summertime?
National Fish and Chips Day
National Sandwich Day
National Picnic Week
National BBQ Week
9. Which of these ingredients does a summer pudding contain?
Bread Potatoes Pasta Rice
10. How many players compete in a professional beach volleyball game?
5 3 4 2