Could you help to shape the future of Glasgow Credit Union?
Glasgow Credit Union is the UK’s largest and most successful credit union. Our members are at the heart of every decision we make, and as a Non-Executive Director, you’ll be integral in shaping the future of our £207million asset base credit union.
Although the products we offer are similar to those you’d find at a bank, our ethos is very different. We’re owned by our 50,000+ members, and everything we do is focused on financially empowering them and their communities.
We currently have three Non-Executive Director vacancies and would welcome applicants with working knowledge or experience in any of the following areas:
- the credit union sector
- community or charity work, including social enterprises
- setting up or managing your own business
- strategic or operational expertise in a financial services organisation
- specialism in the areas of accountancy, mortgages, unsecured lending, credit risk, or regulatory compliance within a financial services context
- transferable expertise in the areas of law, finance, governance, human resources, IT or risk management, from within any sector.
We seek to have a diverse Board that truly represents our membership and wider Common Bond. We therefore encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and demographics, especially those that are currently underrepresented on our Board.
Director positions are remunerated, and Directors normally participate in around 12 Board meetings, four Committee meetings and one Strategy Day each year.
Applications will be received from Thursday, 1 July until Thursday, 30 September 2021 however, we would encourage members to apply as soon as possible for us to prepare for the 2021 AGM. A Nominations Committee will review every application.
If you have skills and experience in any of the areas listed above, and a passion to help improve your community, we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Please note that you must be a member of Glasgow Credit Union to apply.